The roundtable discussion COVID-19 Conspiracies as Component of Hybrid Threats in the EU and EaP is the first event within the Protecting Democratic Values by Tackling Pandemic-related Disinformation project framework.
June 3, 2019
Holiday Inn Tbilisi
Join the Center for Social Sciences and the Eurasia Democratic Security Network (EDSN) for its 2019 conference on democracy and security in Eastern Europe and Eurasia.
Featuring a slate of distinguished speakers — including the 2018-19 cohort of EDSN fellows, prominent guest speakers, and invited experts — the 2019 conference will explore and articulate the linkages between democracy and security, with a particular emphasis on the practical policy issues in the broader Eurasia region and the wider world.
- Amb. Carl Hartzell, EU Ambassador to Georgia
- Dr. Rosaria Puglisi, NATO Liaison Office in Georgia
- Elizabeth Rood, Charges D’Affaires, U.S. Embassy Georgia
- Dr. Maryna Vorotnyuk (EDSN Fellow and Central European University)
- Dr. Kornely Kakachia (TSU and Georgian Institute of Politics)
- Mihai Popsoi (EDSN Fellow and MP, Parliament of Moldova)
- Dr. Giorgi Khelashvili (Advisor to Speaker, Parliament of Georgia)
- Ana Tsurtsumia (EDSN Fellow and Program Manager at EWMI/ACCESS)
- Dr. Anna Dolidze, High Council of Justice of Georgia
- Tigran Grigoryan (EDSN Fellow and Founder, National Revival Party)
- Babken DerGregorian, Acting Minister of Diaspora of Armenia
EDSN is a project of the Center for Social Sciences (Tbilisi) made possible with the generous support of the National Endowment for Democracy.
The Eurasia Democratic Security Network (EDSN), a project by the Center for Social Sciences with the generous funding of the National Endowment for Democracy (NED), is seeking applicants for its 2019-20 Research and Policy Fellowship.
Licinia Simão, an Assistant Professor at the University of Coimbra in Portugal and an EDSN Fellow, is hosting an interesting event at the University of Coimbra in the framework of the the EDSN project.
The event, Youth Perspectives on Democracy Promotion in Eurasia, will feature a moderated dialogue among and between international relations students at Coimbra with the participation of Georgian Ambassador to Portgual Revaz Beshidze.
On 22-23 July 2017, the first introductory meeting of the EDSN fellows was held at the Borjomi Rixos Hotel in Borjomi, Georgia. EDSN fellows and project leaders gathered to kick off the fellowship, bond amid Borjomi’s highland beauty, and, most importantly, discuss critical issues of democracy, security, and conditionality in Eurasia.